Monday, January 13, 2014

Bill Finger Goodle doodle: the movement grows

First Brad Meltzer and Kevin Smith tweeted and IGN covered my effort to get Bill Finger the Google doodle for his 100th birthday, 2/8/14. Now some other major players have entered the fray:

Comics Alliance

Note: Most people seeing this headline are asking “Who now?”
and not in reference to Finger.



And of the hundreds of tweets I have skimmed, here is one I especially like:


This tweeter also interviewed me for a Canadian newspaper.

Some people who emailed Google copied me. Here are two choice excerpts:

#1

I’m with Marc Nobleman. It’s time for Bill Finger to get some recognition for his long-standing contributions to pop culture. And it’s not the doodle that so important, but the link.

Millions of users will go to Google to search the Internet, they’ll see a Batman-themed doodle and click it, and it will link to Finger’s story. Normally your doodles highlight someone who is recognized for his achievements, but a doodle for Bill Finger would actually help give him the recognition he’s never had. I hope you’ll consider it.

Thanks and I’m looking forward to the doodle.

#2

Please consider a Google doodle for this poor man who made millions of people happy and died penniless without the fame deserved of him.

To join the movement yourself, email proposals@google.com. We can do this! Maybe we already have...

No comments: