Thursday, September 26, 2013

Books (besides mine) my name is in

Books in which I am a character:


Books that quote me:

Picturing the World:
Informational Picture Books for Children;

(also in acknowledgments)

Is Superman Circumcised?:
The Complete Jewish History
of the Worlds Greatest Hero
page 328

Voices from Krypton
pages 43, 46, 84

Books that discuss my work on Bill Finger and Batman:




(Portuguese and English)

Books whose recommended reading list includes 
Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman:

Books whose recommended reading list includes 
Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman:

 The Read-Aloud Handbook

 Books that discuss Boys of Steel editorially:

Remarkable Books About Young People 
with Special Needs

 Books that discuss Boys of Steel and 
Bill the Boy Wonder editorially:

Reading and Teaching with Diverse Nonfiction 
Children’s Books (Rachel Kamin chapter)

Novels that allude to Boys of Steel:

(On page 106, a character refers to a book about Siegel and Shuster
and the author of Nowhere Boy, a friend, told me that its mine.)

Books whose bibliography includes Boys of Steel 
and whose acknowledgments mention me:

The Amazing Adventures 
of Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster
The Creators of Superman;
Brads comment about me is extremely flattering; 

Books whose bibliography includes Bill the Boy Wonder 
and whose acknowledgments mention me:

Batman and the Rise of Nerd Culture

I Am Batman

Books whose bibliography includes Boys of Steel: 

 Superman: The High-Flying History of
Americas Most Enduring Hero

Superman: The Unauthorized Biography

Superman Versus the Ku Klux Klan

Superman:
La creación de un superh
éroe
(first in another language!)

Books whose bibliography includes material from my blog:

The Joe Shuster Story:
The Artist Behind Superman
(pages 170, 173, 177)

Sunny Days: The Children’s Television Revolution 
That Changed America;
references my
Books whose acknowledgments mention me:

The Bronze Age of DC Comics, 1970-1984;
info or photos I provided on pages 225, 270
(note: 270 says some 23 skiers when the 
source states it was more than 23; also,
photo on 271 reversed...know how I know?)

 
Secret Identity:
The Fetish Art of Supermans Co-Creator Joe Shuster;

Secret Identity

Billion Dollar Batman:
A History of the Caped Crusader
on Film, Radio and Television
from 10¢ Comic Book to Global Icon

 Can I See Your I.D.?;
I am not one of the impostors.

 
The Essential Business Buyers Guide;
one of my oldest friends
(since second grade)
co-authored this.

 Pranklopedia;
Julie was one of my Nickelodeon magazine editors.

The Castle on the Parkway:
The Story of New York Citys DeWitt Clinton
High School and Its Extraordinary Influence
on American Life;
this was Bill Fingers high school.

Are You Psychic?;
I connected author with publisher 
but am not sure I am in the book.
Its a companion to my Ghost Hunting.

Full of Beans

Books to which I contributed an essay:

True-Life Tales from the Spinner Rack

Plus books that feature my cartoons, including these.

Disclaimers:

  • I have not seen all of these books in the pulp.
  • My name may be in other books I dont know about.
  • You dont care.

1 comment:

Richard said...

"Are You Psychic? I connected author with publisher but am not sure I am in the book."

That answers one question, then. If you were psychic, you'd know whether or not you were in the book.