Sunday, May 22, 2011

Batbridge

Ty Templeton’s illustrations for our upcoming book on Bill Finger and Batman (Charlesbridge 7/1/12) will thrillkill readers just as they have me. He is a crazily good fit for the material, and not just because of his respected years working on Batman comics. He is not only professionally connected to the Dark Knight but emotionally connected to the Wronged Writer. It meant a lot to me that he knew more than the basics about Bill Finger before I pitched him this idea.

As he wrote me in March 2011 (and gave me permission to share), “This is a book I’ve wanted to be a part of since before you thought of doing it.”


He also made a quirky observation: the logo of our publisher, Charlesbridge, looks like the head of Batman.



So perhaps not only Ty was predestined for this book, but Charlesbridge, too.

No comments: