Sunday, November 13, 2016

United Nations International School, Hanoi, Vietnam

From 11/7 to 11/10/16, I was the guest of the United Nations International School in Hanoi (then Saigon South International School the week after). I've been treated to spectacular welcome displays before, but this school may take the crown given the size and sheer number of the posters around the campus. Huge thanks to my kind hosts for going all out and then some to pump up the kids. 



 
They also ordered stacks of books.


They also gave kids the chance to pose as a superhero.


They also put out a fun array of superhero-themed puzzles for kids to tackle as they wished.


They also asked kids to reflect on heroes from the real world...


...and in their own lives. Given that my time at UNIS overlapped with the U.S. presidential election, it was an especially apt week for that.


Thank you again to Julie, Deborah, and everyone else at UNIS who has made my time here so special. A special mention to film teacher and fellow pop culture junkie Jackson Garland for the burgers and banter and to the other kind crews who kept me company at dinner.


No comments: