Sunday, February 16, 2014

Compound word schools in Connecticut


On 2/11/14, I had the pleasure of speaking at Buttonball Elementary School in Glastonbury and the next day at Wintergreen Interdistrict Magnet School in Hamden; both in Connecticut, both wonderful experiences, both arranged by longtime friends (thank you, Rachel Kramer Cohen and Ingrid Ellinger Doviak), and both, as noted in the post title, compound words.

At Buttonball, a class summarized what they got out of the presentation (and this is, of course, heartening):



At Wintergreen, both students and staff dressed as superheroes for my visit; schools often create dynamic displays to welcome authors, but this was the first time any school got into the spirit sartorially:



with Ingird/Batgirl and her daughter/Supergirl


Thank you again to all who made these visits possible.

1 comment:

Jessica L Buike (AuthorJess and Operation Relax) said...

I love super heros! :) lol. I hope you don't mind, but I linked to this blog post in my blog today: http://authorjess.blogspot.com/2014/02/snooping-around-sunday-blog-lovin.html