Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bill Finger's second wife in 1960

Bill married his second wife, Lyn Simmons, in 1968. Since I was the first ever to interview Lyn about Bill, she was a wonderfully untapped resource in my research for Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman...though she had only one picture of Bill, and not a good one. (She said they were not photo people.)

It was only recently when I realized that in my mad dash to dig up more photos of Bill, I had not seen any photos of Lyn from that time.

So I asked her son Steve, who had provided me with one of the best previously unpublished photos of Bill (which you can see in the books author’s note); he kindly sent me these photos of his mom:



They are circa 1960. 

Here is Lyn in 2008.

Happy birthday, Lyn.

No comments: