Monday, April 9, 2012

It is now PHYSICALLY a book

Look what appeared on my front step last week:


Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman, meet your brother, Bill the Boy Wonder: The Secret Co-Creator of Batman:


For all the positives of e-publishing, I imagine “first appearance” (not to mention release) days will not be as exciting when the product is only pixelated rather than printed. For all the work I put into this project, part of the proof is something I can hold and page through and stack and, yes, smell in unique form.


The world may be going digital faster than most in the book business want to admit, and I’m coming to terms with that, but for now I’m also grateful that this book made it out in B.C.E. (Before Computer Everything).

How can opening an e-mail with a link compare with opening that box whose return address contains the word “warehouse?”

The only part of the book interior I will sneak preview at this stage is its DNA (AKA acknowledgments):


Thank you all again, for Bill’s sake.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

I'll keep my eyes open for this, please share distribution details when you can.

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Thank you, Ken! It releases July 1 and will be available through all traditional book channels.

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

Meghan McCarthy said...

sweet. I want to see some inside photos!

Odkin said...

Bill Schelley must have been a BIG help - you thanked him twice :-)

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Thanks Meghan. Since you are so good at research, you may be able to find the one spread of art already online...but not yet announced here...

Odkin - damn it! Well, better than a misspelling...

Sandy Brehl said...

This has been such a struggle of research, writing, and publication for you- what satisfaction you must have in seeing at this stage.
Congratulations! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

So kind of you to say, Sandy. Thank you...

Mel said...

will this be released through Diamond, the company that distributes comics?

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Mel, yes, Diamond will offer the book. It's listed in the May PREVIEWS (though I don't know if that is out yet). I will also post about it here. Thanks!

Golden Age of Comic Books Podcast said...

That's really great news, Marc! I'm very pleased that Bill Finger will finally get a more detailed account of his tremendous contribution to this pop culture icon. Thanks for your hard work and dilligence in creating this for all of us Golden Age Batman fans!

Bill Jourdain

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Thanks to all of you Golden Age Batman fans for helping me make the book!