Every February 19 (starting this year), I will share what I feel have been the best posts of the previous year (so saying it's the best of 2011 is a slight fudge since it doesn't include January and part of February 2011 and does include January and part of February 2012...you get it).
Without further hullabaloo:
- the building in which Batman was (most likely) created
- why didn't Bill Finger (co-creator of Batman) serve in WWII?
- Bill Finger named co-creator in DC Comics publications
- my bridge to Charlesbridge
- how to find an elderly woman
- before I had heard of Bill Finger
- Facebook as a research tool
- map of Superman's Cleveland
- was Bill Finger an alcoholic?
- pitching a picture book by blog
- interviewed by NBC
- interviewed by PBS
- hamster and gerbil at a book signing
- a book signing at a supermarket
- picture book tips and tricks
- nonfiction readers want new stories
- Bookball (as compared to Moneyball)
- first-ever interview with David and the Phoenix author Edward Ormondroyd
- surprising Edward Ormondroyd with his first school appearance ever
- books for kids need not be about kids
- back matter to the forefront
- interviews with and rare photos of 100 "lost" stars of superhero entertainment
- how to use Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman in curriculum
- my PSA for PBS Guam
- what to remind yourself if you can't seem to start writing
- trying to landmark a Bill Finger building in New York City
- how I became a published author
- how I became a professional cartoonist
- Moses...or Superman?
- my take on Chris Barton's YA nonfiction title Can I See Your I.D.?
- I know where more original copies of Action Comics #1 are
- figuring out why hundreds visited my blog after searching "Superman's first home"
- more proof that Batman is more popular than Superman