Actually, more than 30 are a part of it.
Regardless of who is on that list, everyone who writes and illustrates this longstanding art form is a part of it.
And you can take part as well, in any number of simple ways:
- Read a picture book to a young person.
- Continue to support the form by buying picture books and checking them out of the library.
- Revisit a picture book you loved as a child but haven't seen since then.
- Look behind-the-scenes at some tips and tricks picture book creators use.
- Check back every day in November to see what picture books mean to the people who create them, and the people for whom they create them.
- Consider that picture books are at once the first books, movies, and stories that we all experience, yet they are for all ages.
- Go back to the first suggestion. Repeat daily.